Saw this on the menu at dinner tonight. The Dragon and Phoenix made me think of our favorite curry-eating couple!
Anyway, I do write (sometimes, but I'm also in school full time with a work-study job so it's pretty irregular). I'm a Harry Potter fangirl, of the H/D variety. Also AS/S. If you don't know what those stand for you probably shouldn't be here! *grins*
I do always have WsIP, though. But I don't like reading something that the author may or may not abandon, so I won't post anything until I'm done so that readers won't be disappointed at a lack of updates.
- Current Location:bed
- Current Mood: tired
As many of you know, I'm sure,
Goodreads is currently posting stories for their event "Love Is Always Write." If you aren't following it, please check it out. There are some great stories up now, but one in particular that I just had to rec.
Posted via LiveJournal app for Android.
I just got a new phone and it lets me do THINGS on the INTERNET. So I will hopefully be making more posts on LJ as well as tweeting. I got a new Twitter account. I'm @claire_p_bear there, so friend me and tweet me! Also, if I've already started following you, that's me.
Love you guys!
Posted via LiveJournal app for Android.
Your result for The Harry Potter Husband Test...
Mrs. Bill Weasley
Your perfect HP man is Bill Weasley.
You like guys who are cool. And not cool in that fake, dicky way, but actually cool. He's so cool that they couldn't find any actor to adequately portray him, so they decided to just leave him out of the movies rather than risk not doing justice to his coolness. He's like the Chuck Norris of Harry Potter: plain freaking awesome. When Voldemort says "You-Know-Who", he's talking about Bill Weasley.
(Fanarty by The Starhorse http://the-starhorse.deviantart.com/
- Current Location:Ze couch
- Current Mood: chipper
At this time I would like to thank my internet for working despite the horrible thunderstorm. And my mom for not cutting me off even though she thinks it's a waste of time. And the Academy for...oh, nevermind. ^_^ SO HAPPY!!!
Title: On the Beach
Word Count: 271
Summary: Harry is a lifeguard and Draco sets up in his section on the beach.
Disclaimer: I wish I owned the Harry Potter 'verse and made money from everything that I write. Sadly, we cannot have everything we wish for.
( Read more...Collapse )
- Current Location:Mah couch
- Current Mood: hungry
So I'm finishing some plans to visit L.A. and Seattle in June. I'll be in L.A. from the 12th to the 20th and Seattle the 20th to the 27th. Is anyone else in those areas at those times? Wanna meet up? :D
Also. Disneyland. *\o/*
- Current Location:Friend Abby's Couch
- Current Music:Darren Criss
First, I wore my Gryffindor beanie. Usually I wear it when I sleep to block out the light, but I wore it all day today. Which is especially appropriate because we seniors are Gryffindors. So there.
Second, there was a scavenger hunt. I won. I got 100 points for Gryffindor and Harry's wand. Like, one of those nice $40 ones. That was sweet. Plus, now I feel like I have something in common with Draco.
Third, our dining hall served Harry Potter-themed food! Though we had to do without pumpkin juice and treacle tart, we had pasties and chicken and breakfast food and stuff. It was good.
Fourth, I am going to a trivia challenge in 20 minutes. On the books, most of which I haven't read too recently. Wish me luck!
- Current Location:Am I ever NOT in bed?
1) Not so great because I had to leave my mommy and my doggy. I love my mommy. I love my doggy. I love my mommy and my doggy. I do not like leaving my mommy and my doggy.
2) Went to see Unstoppable. Talk about a thrill ride. It's not really scary, but it keeps you at the edge of your seat nearly from the opening scenes. And it keeps you hooked until the end. They definitely took dramatic license with the story, but with the way it turned out, that was a good call.
3) Beat my dad at both Trivial Pursuit (helped only by my habit of taking my turn out of turn) AND Star Wars Monopoly (helped by the fact that I built towers at Jedi Council and Galactic Senate).
4) Got GLOMPED! This was one of the best parts of an already pretty awesome day. This tipped it from good to WTFWHYISTHISDAYSOBALLER?! Here it is if you haven't read it. Seriously. Go read it. Harry in short shorts. Pantsless Harry in short shorts. Need I say more?
5) Did I mention I got glomped?
6) My last day at home. This is a plus and a minus. I love home, but I love my friends at school. And it's just three weeks until I'm home again
So, yes. A very good day. :)
- Current Location:Desk at school
- Current Mood: giddy
BUT! It was an awesome day made awesomer by my LJ peeps.
Firstly, thank you to fireflavored and alisanne for the wonderful birthday wishes.
And, of course, thank you to enchanted_jae for my birthday ficcage! It's called "Anything Else" and is a sequel to her fic "Anything But."
I had a wonderful 22nd birthday thanks to YOU! *smooches you all*
Plus, it's always fabulous to come back LJ after a big day and have all kinds of stuff to read. Like maderr 's "Ivan the Heartless." She's one of my favorite authors and it was super exciting to read a new fic of hers on my birthday.
Anyway, it was a fantastic, brilliant day! *hugs*
PS. If I forgot anyone, comment and I'll totally iron my hands and edit you in because I LOVE YOU. :)
- Current Location:My big brown chair
- Current Mood: embarrassed
It’s been decided. On October 20th, 2010, we will wear purple in honor of the 6 gay boys who committed suicide in recent weeks/months due to homophobic abuse in their homes at at their schools. Purple represents Spirit on the LGBTQ flag and that’s exactly what we’d like all of you to have with you: spirit. Please know that times will get better and that you will meet people who will love you and respect you for who you are, no matter your sexuality. Please wear purple on October 20th. Tell your friends, family, co-workers, neighbors and schools.
RIP Tyler Clementi, Seth Walsh (top)
RIP Justin Aaberg, Raymond Chase (middle)
RIP Asher Brown and Billy Lucas. (bottom)
REBLOG to spread a message of love, unity and peace.
If I get confused or hit a wrong button, I will delete any accidental FB post or Tweets immediately.
However. I was here today and for several reasons I have changed my mind. 1) It is actually in England. 2) The family crest is, get this, a knotted snake. 3) It's really old. 4) You know that Draco secretly wants to be Elizabeth Bennet Darcy.
Chatsworth is the home of the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire (although it's actually located in Derbyshire, in the Peak District). It is amazingly beautiful. The first Chatsworth was built by Bess of Hardwick, who chose this as the family symbol.
So, yes. I found Malfoy Manor. I just need to go back and find Draco.
- Current Location:bed, am I ever anywhere else?
- Current Mood: hungry
And Happy Lovey Dovey Day to everyone! I had an awesome day with my professor, her husband, and a couple of friends walking on the Dorset coast and then at Lyme Regis. Don't worry! I didn't fall off the Cobb! :D
Anyway, pics are here for anyone who's interested.
And go submit prompts at hd_smoochfest ! 'Twill be excellent. I'm going to submit one or ten myself. :)
- Current Location:My desk (for a change!)
- Current Mood: drained
I've downloaded a trial of WriteWay, so we'll see how that goes. Any others that people like?
- Current Mood: sleepy
That brings me to my next point. I will not be offering fics in exchange for donations and only because I know that they most likely would never get done. I'd hate to disappoint anyone who bid for a fic.
BUT! As far as writing goes, one of my goals this year is to work on it. I'm setting several mini-goals to help accomplish this.
1) I'm going to try and do at least one prompt per month as a drabble or ficlet
2) I'm going to really work on my longer stories and try to get to a point where I'm happy with them (cause that's not happening right now)
3) I'm going to schedule myself some time to write and not be all "Oh, I'll do that in an hour/day/week"
I'm also SUPER excited for the hd_holidays reveals! Since another resolution of mine is to actually get to bed at a reasonable hour every night, I won't see them until tomorrow, but then I'll have almost all day to look and see and read!
- Current Location:*sigh* Guess.
- Current Mood: hungry
- Current Location:still the hotel bed
- Current Mood: amused
Your choices are:
Little Mermaid statue
And if you want something that is not in the tiny list above, tell me and I'll do my best to find one!
And no worries about where you live! It's a wee little postcard! I already have a bunch to send all over the place, so it's not a problem to send one to wherever!
- Current Location:hotel bed
- Current Mood: calm